Saturday, February 2, 2013

LDS NEWS UPDATE

  1. Manti Teo, a well-known Mormon college football player, has been caught up in a dramatic hoax where he "thought" he had a girlfriend as they had never met before. Also, the girl "died" on the same day that his grandmother died too and that day, with all that emotion built up in him, he still led his team to a win. Of course, many are teasing Teo (especially the media) and many also do not believe that this just happens to be a hoax. They think that he was out for attention and attempting to increase his popularity. My personal opinion is this: I do not believe that Teo could have faked such a big hoax. I believe that he believed he had a girlfriend. The internet is a very dangerous place these days and no one, not even a Mormon or famous football player, can thwart it's evils.
  2. The LDS church is opening a new Missionary Training Center in Mexico. Why? Well, many people (especially women) in the church have decided to up and leave for missions. My friend D works at the MTC and has been telling me that a miracle was going to happen this summer because the Provo MTC is overbooked by like 4,000 with a good portion of those missionaries headed off to Latin America. Thus, I wasn't surprised when I heard the announcement that has been recently given. I am excited! The Lord's work is continuing and nothing will hinder that fact. For all you future missionaries out there headed off to Latin America come summer--To Mexico!

On a different note I would like to personally thank my viewers this month who are from the United States, South Korea, Ukraine, Brazil, Germany, Ireland, Poland, and Romania. In the past, I have noted our viewers from Mexico, Chile, Peru, Latvia, United Kingdom, Belgium, Russia, Argentina, and other countries. One thing about me is this: I love diversity! I love your countries! One day, I want to travel the world and see many countries. Perhaps I will do just that when I am a journalist.


No comments: